Module 02: Gifts of Securities
Less than 10% of America’s wealth is held in cash; however, most charities aren’t equipped to accept gifts of non-cash assets. They can feel overwhelming and intimidating.
This module explores how to accept gifts of stocks and mutual funds. It will help you to have confident conversations with donors and their professional advisors about gifts of securities and help you spot more opportunities for gifts of securities. It conveys both technical information and case studies to cement learning.
You will go away knowing the answers to these questions:
- What are stocks and mutual funds?
- How are stocks and mutual funds taxed and how does that tax treatment influence when a donor might make a gift of them?
- What are the various giving techniques for securities?
- Why are securities such a beneficial gift for both the donor and the charity?
This module qualifies for 1.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
This module also includes:
- A short quiz to test your knowledge; and
- Specially curated resources to continue your learning.
You will have 90 days of access to this module, the quiz, and additional resources.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.