Module 03: Gifts from Retirement Accounts
Less than 10% of America’s wealth is held in cash; however, most charities aren’t equipped to accept gifts of non-cash assets. They can feel overwhelming and intimidating.
This module explores how to accept gifts of retirement assets. It will help you to have confident conversations with donors and their professional advisors about gifts of retirement assets and help you spot more opportunities for gifts of retirement assets. It conveys both technical information and case studies to cement learning.
You will go away knowing the answers to these questions:
- What are retirement assets?
- How are retirement assets taxed and how does that tax treatment influence when a donor might make a gift of them?
- What are the various giving techniques for retirement assets?
- Why are gifts of retirement assets such a beneficial gift for both the donor and the charity?
This module qualifies for 1.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
This module also includes:
- A short quiz to test your knowledge; and
- Specially curated resources to continue your learning.
You will have continuous access to all content – including all future updates. Your purchase does not expire.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.