Module 04: Gifts of Real Estate
Less than 10% of America’s wealth is held in cash; however, most charities aren’t equipped to accept gifts of non-cash assets. They can feel overwhelming and intimidating.
This module explores how to accept gifts of real estate. It will help you to have confident conversations with donors and their professional advisors about gifts of real estate and help you spot more opportunities for gifts of real estate. It conveys both technical information and case studies to cement learning.
You will go away knowing the answers to these questions:
- Why are there so few gifts of real estate?
- How is real estate taxed and how does that tax treatment influence when a donor might make a gift of it?
- What are the various giving techniques for real estate?
- What infrastructure and best practices should a charity put in place to be able to accept gifts of real estate?
This module also includes:
- A short quiz to test your knowledge; and
- Specially curated resources to continue your learning.
This module qualifies for 1.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You will have 90 days access to this module, the quiz, and additional resources.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.