Module 06: Gifts of Agricultural Assets
Less than 10% of America’s wealth is held in cash; however, most charities aren’t equipped to accept gifts of non-cash assets. They can feel overwhelming and intimidating.
This module explores how to accept gifts of crops, livestock, and farm machinery. It will help you to have confident conversations with donors and their professional advisors about gifts of these agricultural assets and help you spot more opportunities for gifts of them. It conveys both technical information and case studies to cement learning.
You will go away knowing the answers to these questions:
- How are crops, livestock, and farm machinery taxed and how does that tax treatment influence when a donor might make a gift of those assets?
- What are the various giving techniques for crops, livestock, and farm machinery?
- What infrastructure and best practices should a charity put in place to be able to accept gifts of crops, livestock, and farm machinery?
This module also includes:
- A short quiz to test your knowledge; and
- Specially curated additional resources to continue your learning
This module qualifies for 1.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You will have 90 days access to this module, the quiz, and the additional resources.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.