Module 08: Gifts of Tangible Property + Vehicles
Less than 10% of America’s wealth is held in cash; however, most charities aren’t equipped to accept gifts of non-cash assets. They can feel overwhelming and intimidating.
This module explores how to accept gifts of tangible property and vehicles. It will help you to have confident conversations with donors and their professional advisors about gifts of tangible property and vehicles and help you to spot more opportunities for gifts of these assets. It conveys both technical information and case studies to cement learning.
You will go away knowing the answers to these questions:
- What are the different types of tangible property a donor might give?
- How are tangible property and vehicles taxed and how does that tax treatment influence when a donor might make a gift of those assets?
- What are the various giving techniques for tangible property and vehicles?
- What infrastructure and best practices should a charity put in place to be able to accept gifts of tangible property and/or vehicles?
This module also includes:
- A short quiz to test your knowledge; and
- Specially curated additional resources to continue your learning
This module qualifies for 1.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You will have 90 days access to this module, the quiz, and the additional resources.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.